The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Crock Pot Italian Potatoes



MMMMM...delicious vegetable eating at it's finest. I used to make a dinner that was Italian chicken and potatoes that was a family favorite. It had tons of italian dressing drizzled over it, cheddar cheese, chicken and potatoes. It was so tasty, but I can't even imagine the fat content from the oil and cheese.

I really had been wanting to recreate that dish since we loved it so much, but I wanted to find a way to bring our healthy eating lifestyle into play.

I am happy to say that now I have created a crook pot dish full of vegetables that is vegetarian and so much healthier.

I was so excited when Derek told me last night that he liked these potatoes better than the old dish! I was very excited. We didn't eat these as a side, they were the main dish! We had salads for a side, it was a veggie night and our kids loved every bit of it! I thought they tasted almost like delicious Dutch oven potatoes!

Meals like this stand for one of my points I try to make... there are no rules that you need a piece of meat for your meal. There is no rule that you need cheese to make things taste better! There is no rule that says your kids won't eat kid-friendly healthy meals! Did I also say budget friendly! This whole meal cost approximately $5.00 for a family of four and that includes leftovers- we're able to compete with Little Ceasar's! Which one would make you feel better inside though? Ask yourself that question!

Enjoy this yummy dinner, have it ready and cooking in a matter of minutes! That calls for one happy Momma!

Crock Pot Italian Potatoes

6 Yellow potatoes (or any potato would work)
1 bunch of broccoli, chopped
1 T coconut oil
1/2 onion
2 T Italian seasoning (or a mixture of basil and oregano)
1/2 T cumin
3 T water
1 T paprika
1 T Mrs. Dash seasoning (optional, but recommended)

Chop vegetables and add to the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat well. Cook on high for 3-4 hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment