The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cheezy Fiesta Taco Pie

This was delicious. I don't have any pictures since when I made it, well lets just say it was one of those nights that you just get dinner on the table, get the kids fed, get them to bed, and curl up with a good chick flick on the couch! However, my kids both loved it, my son did enjoy throwing it, but he still loved it and My hubs and I both loved it I don't think it lasted 24 hours in the fridge :)

I saw a recipe that used lentils in a burrito and just kind of adapted this with a sauce with things I had.

Cheezy Fiesta Taco Pie
1 1/2 C uncooked lentils, soaked and rinsed
1-2 C salsa (jar or homemade)
1 C frozen corn
1 green bell pepper
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1 cup grilled chicken *
4 whole grain tortillas
Cheeze sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook lentils until tender (about 30 min.) Heat skillet over medium heat. Add cooked lentils, corn, salsa, pepper, taco seasoning, and chicken. Cover and let simmer and tenderize, if using homemade salsa if it doesn't have a lot of juice you may want to add some water. Meanwhile make cheeze sauce. Pour 1/4 sauce into skillet. Place two tortillas on the bottom of deep baking or casserole dish, top with half lentil mixture and pour a layer of cheeze sauce, top with other two tortillas and finish layer with remaining lentil mixture and cheeze sauce. Put in oven and bake for 20-25 min, until its brown or bubbling. 
If you don't want the baked pie, these would be good as burritos or enchiladas. 
* You can leave chicken out if you want a vegan or vegetarian recipe


Cheeze Sauce
2/3 C Nutritional Yeast
1 C cashews
1 1/4 C water
1/4 C non-dairy milk
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth about 90 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment