The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Easy Key Lime Stir Fry



Real quick, I wanted to share with you a yummy, veggie filled recipe that would fit into the 90/10 plan on eat to live since it has a small amount of chicken, but TONS of yummy veggies! My mom stopped by while I was making it and she had a little bowl and she said it was delicious! I loved it, my older kiddos weren't too sure, but my two-year-old devoured two adult sized servings...he's growing I guess!

Enjoy!

Key Lime Stir Fry
1 head of Napa Cabbage
1-2 chopped broccoli crowns
2 oz of chopped chicken
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp ground ginger
3 T low sodium soy sauce
3 chopped carrots
3 Key limes
1/4 c vegetable stock (or less, my cabbage was pretty saturated with liquid)

Add chicken to wok or pan. Cook it through. Add soy sauce and stock. Add carrots with minced garlic and saute for five minutes. Add remaining vegetables and seasonings and saute for another 7 minutes, covered stirring occasionally. Remove lid and let simmer for a few more minutes to make sure all the liquid is absorbed. Garnish with key lime juice and a little zest for a really nice zing to the flavor! Serve over brown rice or noodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment