The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes w/ Apple Cider syrup

First off I need to apologize straight out for the wonderful picture quality-bleh. Unfortunately I think my phone is crapping out :(


Anyways, today has been a lazy day, low energy. My little babe has been only giving me 3 hours of sleep a night ALL WEEK! We're actually going to a foot zoner tomorrow...people swear by foot zoning. I've never done it, but a friend of mine told me it really helped her baby with tummy issues. I kind of feel like we're going to witch doctor...but I'm curious to see how it works? Has anyone been or does anyone do foot zoning? It has peaked my interest.

So for Sundays I like to try and to the traditional larger meals, but not today. Today we did pancakes! And they had such a fun fall taste that I had to share them. We decided on Apple Cinnamon Pancakes tonight and they are keepers. Awhile ago we decided that to save money, but also to eat less processed we would make our own pancake mix. I'm so glad we did, we have so much more variety and they turn out perfect almost every time...there are those times of course when perfection can't be reached :) The syrup is fast and easy and almost homemade :) You'll see the cheat in the recipe!

These are fast, easy, and clean! The kids devour them and I don't spend two hours in the kitchen! I have to say I'm not a good flipper when it comes to pancakes, but luckily they still taste good :)

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp salt
2 T cinnamon
1/4 C apple juice
1 C almond milk
1 egg
5-6 T applesauce

Heat skillet over medium. Whisk together dry ingredients. Add apple juice, mix, add milk and mix well. Add egg and mix well. Add Applesauce. Mix all ingredients well. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the skillet at a time. When batter begins to bubble flip pancake! When both sides are golden brown they are done!

Apple Cider Syrup
1 C apple Juice
1 C Agave
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c brown sugar (optional)

In a small saucepan combine all ingredients. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all ingredients have combined and liquified together about 5 minutes. Stir constantly! Serve warm!

Easy syrup when you use agave right! :)


*BOOK UPDATE*


Okay since I have a few new visitors since our KSL segment, I wanted to do a little post about the book and what our plans are. We are currently working on getting a hard copy published through Amazon's publishing company. Right now we are in a contract with Amazon that for 90 days it needs to be exclusively and Amazon product, however they will let us do a hard copy through them. I know not everyone owns a Kindle so we feel this will be a great option for those looking for a different way to get the book. Thank you again to ALL OF YOU for your support we feel so very blessed and love that so many people are looking for a way to feed themselves and their families better! You can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment