The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Creamy Peach Smoothie







Summer is in full force! Can we say HEAT WAVE! It seriously is so hot, which is why I love, love, love to whip up something to cool me off. Unfortunately most cool treats are high in processed sugars and calories. So how to we combat this....SMOOTHIE!!!

I love fresh peach it is so perfect in the summer with it's smooth flavor. I designed this smoothie to go along with my plan to lose the baby weight. I loved the result and so did my little people, they thought they were getting quite the treat.

The wonderful thing about the creamy peach smoothie is it is so simple and has very little ingredients to it.

If you want a wonderful, smooth, creamy, guiltless treat to survive this heat wave this is it. This smoothie would be the perfect smoothie pop for the kids...or you!

Creamy Peach Smoothie

1 chopped fresh peach
2 bananas
1 T greek yogurt
1 tsp honey or stevia
1/8-1/4 cup almond milk (depending on how you thick you like it)
a large handful of ice

Add peach to the blender, then a layer of ice, add bananas, then another layer of ice, add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. At least 90 seconds. Enjoy frozen as a popsicle or just drink the smooth, cool smoothie!

What are your favorite summer tricky treats?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Janean Olson from Easytoloseit.com. This is one of my favorite breakfasts. And you're right, smoothies are PERFECT when it's this dang hot!!

    OATMEAL PROTEIN SMOOTHIE

    This is a delicious and balanced breakfast. I LOVE it!

    1 cup ice. 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries. 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt. 1 banana. 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats. 1 tablespoon honey. 1 cup coconut water (or other liquid, such as juice). I like adding the oats after they have soaked in warm water or have been cooked. They blend in easier and I like the texture better. Great smoothie though! Add a handful of nuts for an energizing breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete